LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE


Hello people,
It's a new day today, so what should we discuss?
WOW! I have a great idea... A very interesting topic...

LOVE!

  • What exactly is love?
This four letter word has been a controversial subject for a long time now. I won't claim to be an expert on the subject matter but I'm willing to share my little knowledge with you. It is also referred to as PHILOS.
Love (philo) is defined in many ways by different people.

My own definition? Here it comes:
Love is a condition of the heart and it has its origin in God. Yes! God. It is a feeling that is strongly felt by an individual towards a fellow human being, animal or thing.

At this junction, I must make it clear that there is a huge difference between LOVE and LUST, While love is a condition of the heart that is deeply felt by an individual, lust is just a physical response of the body of an individual to another person, it is driven by hormones and it passes with time, unlike love.

Love, as most things in life, comes in different flavors (types).  Here, we've arrived at a crucial point in our discussion, that is:
  • Types of Love
As I must have mentioned earlier, I'm a scientist not a love expert but I created time out of my busy schedule to make a little research on the topic of discussion. From my little research, I found out that basically three types of love exist. They have been named thus:
  1. The Agape Love (God's unconditional love for humanity) 
  2. The Platonic Love (Love between friends, family and loved ones) 
  3. The Erotic Love (Love between a Couple) 
Of these three, the greatest is Agape. This is the love shown to us by God in sending Jesus Christ to die to set us free from sin and make us more like him. This is the love that we, by extension, should show to fellow humans. It is unconditional love.

Your thoughts on the topic are welcome so, kindly drop your comments. It would be a great privilege to know your views. We Learn Everyday!

Please feel free to drop your comments and subscribe to the blog for more articles. Also, kindly share the link to this blogs with your friends. Thank you...

At this point, I say a big thank you for taking time out to read through this post. Thanks for your encouragement. Love you all... Watch out for the next post, a continuation of this post.
TO BE CONTINUED...
ONE LOVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT MAKES YOU BEHAVE LIKE YOU?

An INFJ's Journey To Self Discovery

Self Discovery and Your Basic Temperament